FEAST: The Meal
The call for papers for the forthcoming edition of Feast: The Meal has now closed. Following the launch of The Meal in June 2017 Feast will issue a call for submissions for the 4th edition of the journal taking the theme of Rooms for Food. Please sign up to our mailing list to receive the call out and check the website for updates on any forthcoming events.
To submit your contribution for consideration in Feast please send full articles/texts with accompanying images, with obtained permissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check their submission complies with the following guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- You have permissions to use all pictures, images, reprinted material and adapted material contained in the article. Authors are responsible for securing copyright permissions relating to images and are able to provide documentation of image licensing and copyright if requested.
- You have adhered to the following reference system -
Books: Author’s full name, Title. City of publication: name of publisher, date, pp.page numbers.
Articles in Books: Author’s full name, ‘title of article or chapter’ in author name edited, Book Title. City of publication: name of publisher, date, pp.page numbers of article (page no. of reference).
Journal articles: Author’s full name, ‘title of article’, Title of Journal, Issue no. (date), pp.page numbers.
Online articles: Author’s full name, ‘title of article’, Title of Journal, date. webaddress [accessed day month year].
- Any notes in addition to the main article should be numbered consecutively and submitted as endnotes, not footnotes. Do not use smaller type for notes. For citations of periodicals, include volume, number, and full date of the issue.
- All quotes of 30 words or more are indented.
- You have placed all references in endnotes.
- All text is 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced and justified. All pages should be numbered with numbers appearing in the bottom right hand corner of each page.
- Accompanying images, illustrations and photographs are in JPEG (JPG) format (max of 3 per academic paper).
- Captions for illustrations should include:
- Caption number Artist Title (in italics) date medium (on support, if applicable) dimensions in centimeters (1 inch = 2.54 cm) Name of collection (if applicable) City of collection (if applicable) Copyright or permissions details
- The submitted file is in PDF format and does not exceeding 5MB.
- Papers should be 4-6000 words, reviews, 1000-1500, recipes and creative writing 500-1,500
- Academic Papers should include a bibliography.
- All submissions should include an accompanying biography of no more than 120 words detailing your current research interests, visual art projects and education in conjunction with your article.
- Please include a coversheet for the submission, which should include the author or artist’s name, the title of the submission, mailing and e-mail address, and telephone number.
All papers will undergo a double peer review by Feast editors and members of the peer review panel that includes Will Carr Deputy Director of the International Anthony Burgess Foundation, Manchester, Dr. Bryce Evans, Senior Lecture in Cultural History Liverpool Hope University, Dr. Kit Poulson Senior Lecturer Fine Art University of the West of England, Dr. Rachel Rich Senior Lecturer, School of Cultural Studies and Humanities Leeds Beckett University, Dr. Rosemary Shirley, Senior Lecturer in Art History, Manchester School of Art and Kaye Winwood curator and honorary research associate at the University of Birmingham.
When submissions are accepted they will be formatted and styled in relation to Feast’s website design.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.